[UC-ODDMUSIC] Oddmusic Fall 010 Schedule

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 21:52:43 CDT 2010

Today I received my AXiS 49 midi controller from C-Thru Music. It is
excellent and has a groovy “selfless” mode that gives one 98 individual
notes – more than a standard piano. I couldn’t resist trying my hand at an
improvisation.

The music is in 17 notes per octave. Since the AXiS 49 does not have a
sustain pedal port I used my M-Audio 88es to provide a sustain pedal by
putting both software synths into OMNI mode to accept MIDI input from any
source. The two synths I chose were pianoteq and Z3TA+. The midi performance
was recorded live in Sonar 8.5 – there is not editing since that would
defeat the point of the demonstration.

download
http://micro.soonlabel.com/17-ET/if20101028selfless.mp3

online listen