[UC-ODDMUSIC] What I made today - a little canon

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:09:07 CDT 2011

Inspired by Cris Foster's book Musical Mathematics I built a little canon
today. It was built very cheaply. A wine box from Chile, 3/4" aluminum angle
stock, $1 piece of hard wood, 9 zither pins @ $ 0.28 each from Experimental
Musical Instruments, 9 electric guitar strings - all low E 0.046 dia. and a
$2 (or less?) bag of 1" angle brackets.

The angle brackets need to be a bit bigger.

So far I've pretty much just built it and played it in unison for a drone
fest on improvfriday.

You can see the pictures (use your back button) and listen to the mp3 here:

http://micro.soonlabel.com/canon/canon.html

or if you are on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.201580359880262.49503.100000848978089&l=7c7432ff72