[UC-ODDMUSIC] The World has Changed

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 19:26:10 CDT 2011

As some of you know I received my 19 note per octave Ibanez from Brad Smith
and I promptly wrote this song using it. Everything you hear guitar-wise is
the 19 edo – I used Absynth 5 for the bass and added some vocals and samples
of a Japanese man talking angrily. The French Horn is from Peter
Thoegersen’s “Sit Up and Sit Down!” as performed in Urbana on
4/21/2011<http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=763>.
The text is from an interview with a Japanese  woman after the 3/11/2011
earthquake and tsunami that struck me as an unusual observation:

You may download the mp3 from here:

http://micro.soonlabel.com/19-ET/daily20110429-19edo-the_world_has_changed3.mp3

or play it online here:

http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=800

* Matsuko Ito, who has been living in a shelter in the small northeastern
city of Natori since the tsunami, said there’s no getting used to the terror
of being awoken by shaking.*

*She said she started screaming when the quake struck around 11:30 p.m.*

*“It’s enough,” the 64-year-old while smoking a cigarette outside.
“Something has changed. The world feels strange now. Even the way the clouds
move isn’t right.”*

*In Ichinoseki, lines formed outside a supermarket when it opened Friday
morning. An employee with a flashlight escorted each customer around the
store and jotted the price of each selected item in a pad.*