[UC-ODDMUSIC] Talkin' Smack on Xenharmonic Alliance

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:41:13 CDT 2011

Online listen
http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=1269

download
http://micro.soonlabel.com/subharmonic/daily20110826_gr20a_talkin_smack_on_XA.mp3

This is a composition for Jazz Quartet – Tenor Sax (sorry for the
unrealistic stray notes), fretless bass, piano, and drums. All but the drums
were preformed on my Fender Mustang + GR-20 retuned on the fly by Fractal
Tune Smithy.
The tuning used is 9/8 C.I. comprised of 11:10:9:8 subharmonic series on 1
and 8:9:10:11 on 16/11 or explicitly:
17/16~ 9/8~ 19/16~ 29/23~ 4/3~ 17/12~ 3/2~ 19/12~ 37/22~ 16/9~ 17/9~ 2/1

Per the Urban Dictionary<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=talking%20smack>
:

1. talking smack

An arrestable offense in Espanola, NM; one is said to be talking smack when
using Mexican expletives in reference to the small-mindedness, arrogance and
stupidity of police officers. Punishable by death in some South American and
Middle Eastern countries, it is only enforced in the USA in Espanola, NM and
Bumfukk, GA.
“Hey ma, come pick me up, this “coolon” is harrasing me”. This is an example
of talking smack on the phone while an officer of the law is staring you
down.