[UC-ODDMUSIC] Down to the Wire

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 20:12:58 CDT 2011

I saw discussion of Bleu tuning on the yahoo tuning groups – all of which
were tempered to a pure octave. Embolden by Andrew Heathwaite’s 88 cent
guitar I decided to try the tuning without tempering to make the octave
pure. So I made a scala file and loaded it into pianoteq and added kontakt
percussion and cymbals and Sonar SI drums all controlled simultaneously by
the same 88 key M-Audio midi controller. This rather noisy piece is the
result.

http://micro.soonlabel.com/140_cent_non_octave/daily20110702_140cent_piano_down_to_the_wire.mp3

or play online, scala file, and see an amusing graphic besides:

http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=1003