[UC-ODDMUSIC] Stones cover using JI guitar

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:42:22 CDT 2011

Happy Friday!

I removed the frets from a used $30 electric guitar I bought at Guitar
Center and in the process of making it into something else I tried using
cable ties as frets.

A picture
http://www.traxinspace.com/pub/123320/47170_l.jpg

A larger version of the picture
http://micro.soonlabel.com/just/temporary_frets/IMG00193.jpg

I fretted the guitar in Just Intonation, specifically Kraig Grady's Centaur
tuning . (I've used this tuning before - Atonement to a Centaur being one
piece)

As a demonstration I covered the Rolling Stone's "You Can't Always Get What
You Want" at a funeral dirge pace :-)

The above pictured cable tie fretted Just Intonation guitar, fretless bass,
drum samples, vocal.

apologies to the rolling stones

download
http://alonetone.com/vaisvil/tracks/you-cant-always-get-what-you-want.mp3