[UC-ODDMUSIC] Domenico Scarlatti

Chris Vaisvil chrisvaisvil at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:34:21 CDT 2011

I have been fighting a heck of a cold so its been difficult to do much of
anything while sleeping.
Today I felt significantly better dug into my midi archive  to listen to
some music while working and the following renderings are an off-shoot of
that.

I find this music, especially K030 to have the flavor of Bach. I don't know
a lot about this composer - but if you are interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domenico_Scarlatti    The most important point
with respect to the music is that he lived (26 October 1685 – 23 July 1757)
and was in the cross-over between the Baroque and Classical musical style
periods.

I rendered pieces K008 and K030. Two of the renderings are with harpsichord
in Pythagorean tuning
– K030 is explored further with an orchestral arrangement in Werckmeister
III tuning and 3 piece Jazz band format (bass, electric piano, drums) in 12
equal.

The files are playable online here: http://chrisvaisvil.com/?p=890

Or you can download them here:

http://clones.soonlabel.com/public/classical-music/d_scarlatti_k008_pythagorean.mp3