[UC-ODDMUSIC] John Cage 100-year Birthday at the Krannert Art Museum, Tomorrow at noon!

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:27:07 UTC 2012

You are invited to

a John Cage 100-year Birthday Celebration “Happening” Event
64 minutes of simultaneous music, sound, silence, dance, film, speech, art
and whatever else “happens”!

Wednesday, September 5, 12:00 noon to 1:04 PM
Krannert Art Museum, 500 E. Peabody Dr.
Champaign, Il, (UIUC campus - look out for parking meters!)
FREE

Scott Schwartz writes:

There is going to be a special John Cage concert held at the Krannert Art
Museum on September 5, between 12-1:04, and I thought I would pass along
this flyer to anyone who might be interested in experiencing a live re-play
of one of the campus’ unique Happening Concerts that were produced by Cage
while he was a resident faculty member of the UI in the 1960s.  For those
who like their music on the wild side, I hope you can plan a little time
during your lunch hour to enjoy this program.  You won’t be disappointed
and the best part  -- it’s free.   If you have any questions please feel
free to contact Barry Morse (barryrmorse at hotmail.com) who is a DMA
candidate of the School of Music and producing this concert.  Scott