Oddmusic JANIS MERCER in concert This Weekend! @HBSoc

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 18:44:26 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Susan Parenti
Date: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Subject: could you send out info to odd music list serve?

Hi Jacob---I've just spent 4 hours writing personal emails to friends
trying to get them to come to janis mercer's concerts.

Could you possibly send this out to the  listserve, in hopes that some
oddballs and squares might want to come to Mercer's concerts?

here's what I've been sending:

Hello ______,  I'd like to invite you to attend a concert of new music by
San Francisco composer-pianist Janis Mercer, who was a student of Herbert
Brun's(my teacher and friend).  She's giving a one hour concert at the
Parkhouse on 122 Franklin this upcoming Thursday and Friday nights, August
29 and 30, at 7:30 pm. In addition to the music in a heavily
air-conditioned house, there will be wine and other drinks, food, and
conversation about the music (I hope)!

Feminist historian Gerda Lerner has written how women have been
systematically excluded from "the enterprise of creating symbol systems".
Well, Janis Mercer kicks back!

Here is the formal announcement.  email brunsociety at gmail.com.

Hoping to see you,
Susan