[Vip-blood] meeting recap IMPORTANT

bhorania at uiuc.edu bhorania at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 31 13:04:51 CST 2005

Hey guys for those of you who didn't come to the meeting or
were late please read this...
1. There are new days for the drive (this friday nov 4th,
monday the 7th, tuesday the 8th, and thursday the 10th)
because the donors from the last drive were ineligible to
donate so note this change in your schedules. I had no
control over this change and I apologize for the wierd days

2. On thursday the 10th the drive will be in illini room C on
the first floor of the Union so DO NOT go to room 314 on that
last day because no one will be there.

3. Make sure you sign in and put what you did if you want
credit for your volunteering and if you chalked please tell
me where (main quad, south quad, green street, etc...)

4. This drive will have people from Parkland theater group
publicizing at the drive on friday and monday for their
musical Bat Boy. They will be giving away teeth to get a
dollar off tickets and talking to donors about their show.
They also have U of I students in their show and community
members thats why we are allowing them to be there. They will
be playing their cd and giving away a shirt to the 25th
person who signs in so if you are the greeter please notify
Leah (who is in charge of the Parkland people) who that
person is so she can give them their shirt.

5. Also due to this they will also give us flyers to hand out
with our flyers so the flyer people know to pass out both

6. Union will not allow us to put up posters inside the union
so those of you who normally make posters for the PR hour
must now get that hour in another way! Remember you need AT
LEAST 1 PR hour per drive.

7. You can only flyer inside the union between the double
doors on the serendipity side. This is very important to
follow because the union will take that away from us if we
don't follow it. If you switch off you don't even need to
stand inside (unless its raining). Don't stand on the union
patio though...flyer by follinger, chem buildings, and
english building. Try to catch the people walking towards the
union because they are more likely to actually go up and
donate. Try advertising free food it always gets people :)

8. Congrats to volunteer of the last drive Leah for putting
in 8 hours. :)

9. Postering on  green street this thursday 8pm meet in front
of the union and Nov 7th (monday) 6pm chalking the lecture
halls (Sorry to those who are in sororities and
fraternities...we couldn't schedule around chapter since this
drive is so goofy)

10. Good luck to all those that applied for the positions and
I look forward to the interviews.

Sorry for the long email and hopefully you read it all...
nisha :)