[Vip-blood] Locks of Love Drive

kmccart3 at uiuc.edu kmccart3 at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 27 22:00:45 CDT 2007

Sorry if you get this twice, but since g-mail has been having issues, I wanted to send it again. Please consider donating, it's a wonderful cause. Or try to get your friends to do it! Thanks!
-Katie

Hi! This is Katie McCarthy with the Blood Project! As a new event for the project, we're holding a Locks of Love Drive at the annual McKinley Health Fair in the Illini Union. The fair will be Tuesday, April 24th from 10am-3pm.

For those who do not know what Lock's of Love is, it's an organization that makes wigs for kids who have lost their hair to disease and cancer treatment. It's a wonderful cause and a great way to make a difference!

We need one donor per hour of the fair. You get a free hair cut and style in exchange for a hair donation.

*Donations must be at least 10 inches long
*Hair must be clean and in good health
*Hair cannot be bleached or chemically damaged...however color and perms are ok

I donated my hair this past summer. It is rejuvenating and a great way to make a fresh start or just make a change! It is, however a big difference, so we need 5 committed people to sign up for a one hour time slot on that Tuesday from 10am-3pm, with the last haircut going from 2-3.

We would love to get VIPers to donate their hair! So if you meet the criteria and can commit to a donation time on the 24th, please e-mail me (kmccart3 at uiuc.edu) with what hour(s) you are available!

Thank you for helping us make a difference in the life of a child!
-Katie McCarthy
Volunteer Illini Blood Project Director