[Vip-communityjustice] REMINDERS!

Gail Schnitzer gschnit2 at uiuc.edu
Sat Feb 4 17:39:16 CST 2006

Hello Community Justice,

I am very excited for the upcoming semester of volunteering
and I thank you all for your commitment to service and social
justice. There are just a few reminders for you all to be
aware of:

1) COORDINATOR APPLICATIONS (Books to Prisoners, Supervision,
and Pen Pal Shadows) are due Tuesday February 7th. They can be
either e-mailed to me at gschnit2 at uiuc.edu or dropped off at
the VIP office (RSO complex on the 2nd floor of the Union,
Quad side) in the manilla folder on the door reading
"Community Justice Coordinator Applications." I look forward to
reading your applications.

2)PEN PALS should send out a letter this week to their
prisoners. If you have any questions, please feel free to
e-mail me and I will forward you to our coordinators. Make sure
you have sent in your Pen Pal Contact information either via
e-mail or 1/4 paper sheet.

-New Pen Pal Packets are available in another folder on the
VIP door marked "New Pen Pal Packages". Just grab the top
packet and a 1/4 sheet contact page and return that to my
mailbox inside the office.

-If you are no longer writing, please contact me to tell me.

3)BACKGROUND CHECKS can be turned in ASAP in yet another
folder on the VIP office door. If you plan on participating in
Supervision or Mediation in the future, these are necessary.
If you do not have a form, stop by the office during my office
hours Tuesday or Thursday 2:30-3:30 (I will not be there this
Tuesday) or by appointment.

Thanks everyone, feel free to contact me with questions or
concerns,
Gail C. Schnitzer
Political Science, University of Illinois

Vice President External, IlliniPAC
Secretary, Illini Speech & Debate Team
Vice President Administration, LAS Council
Director of Community Justice Program, Volunteer Illini Projects
Member, LAS Leaders
Member, Alpha Epsilon Phi