[Vip-daycare] Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities!

jbecker3 at uiuc.edu jbecker3 at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 4 22:19:02 CDT 2006

Hey everybody,

We've got another couple exciting volunteer opportunities, to wrap things up for
the semester.  There will be two events planned at Kenwood Elementary.

The first is a family kickball game and book fair, which will be held Monday,
April 24th.  This event runs from 6:00 to 7:30 and we are looking for volunteers
to either play kickball with the kids and their families or to help staff the book
fair, which will be running simultaneously.

The second event is "Friday Fun Night," which will be held on Friday, April 28th.
This event will run from 6:00 to 8:30 pm (with set up before and clean up
afterwards).  For this event we are asking volunteers to help with set up, clean
up, help with concessions, and help staff the carnival games (bingo, ring toss,
Simon says—to name a few).  So we're looking to see if you'll be free between
5:00 to 9:00 and it's not necessarily needed for you to stay the entire time, but
we do encourage it!

These two events occur during National Volunteer week, so if you're looking for
that extra insentive or reason to go there it is.  And if you're going to volunteer
once or twice more this semester, this is your time to shine!

I hope to see you all there!

J. Becker
VIP- Daycare Coordinator