[Vip-daycare] Exciting April Volunteer Opportunities

VIP Daycare vip.daycare at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:50:33 CDT 2011

Hey Everybody!

I'm so excited about this news: April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and
Daycare is doing it's part to raise awareness about it throughout the UofI
campus.

For those of you who have a facebook (I'm guessing all of you) please join
this event:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1146150968#!/event.php?eid=206057686088778and
feel free to send it to your friends.
it will be an easy way to keep up with what we have in store for the month
of April, in terms of recognizing April as Child Abuse Prevention Month.

As you can expect, this is the perfect time for you all who haven't yet had
a chance to come out to the agencies to get involved with the Daycare
family. We have SO many opportunities for people to volunteer now; and it's
low commitment and one time things (i.e. chalking the quad, posting fliers,
handing out blue ribbons, etc.) So, keep that in mind and think about how
you want to help with this campaign. If you'd like to volunteer in groups,
friends are welcome!

Here's the tentative schedule that we have so far:
-April 4th, 2011: 12PM Crisis Nursery is attempting to “wrap the Nursery in
blue,” and they need our help. They are looking for individuals dressed in
blue (as simple as a blue t-shirt is fine) to join hands around the Nursery.
Anyone can participate so feel free to forward this email to anyone you
think may be interested. Lunch will be provided to the first 100 individuals
courtesy of Champaign Country Club. ** If you are able to participate,
please email  Meghan Rewers @ meghan at crisisnursery.net
-April 5th 2011, 5PM-7PM, Chalking the Quad!
-April 13th & April 14th: 11AM-3PM, Passing out blue ribbons around the
Quad!
-April 17th-April 23rd, Wearing blue in recognition of Child Abuse
Prevention!
-Last week of April, bake sale or pinwheel garden. This event is TBA.

**If you are interested in helping out during any of these events, please
let me (or any of the coordinators) know! Chalking of the Quad is open to
all. So is passing out the ribbons, that event  will likely be in hour long
shifts.

I apologize for spamming your inbox, in advance, because organizing an event
like this takes a lot of back and forth communication so please bear with me
during this process and look out for upcoming emails!

Thank you all so much!
Eunice

--
Eunice Yu
University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.daycare at gmail.com