[Vip-daycare] Welcome Back Everyone! Daycare Spring Semester!!

VIP Daycare vip.daycare at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:55:01 CST 2011

Hello Everyone,

After a couple of failed attempts at trying out the list serve, I'm at it
again. I am so sorry if you've been getting random (and unfinished)
messages from daycare, it is NOT my intention to spam your inbox. Please,
read this email.

My name is Eunice Yu, I am the new director for VIP Daycare. I am extremely
excited to be in this position and very much looking forward to what we can
all accomplish, by working together.
This is my first term as director so, this entire year (especially Spring
Semester) is going to be a work in progress.

To ease the transition, I am going to have to ask each and every one of you
for a little help and patience here and there. [?]

We at VIP Daycare strive to make the best of our situation and I think we're
all kind of looking for a fresh start, so we're going to be trying out a
couple of different things (i.e. changing up agencies to volunteer at,
having supply drives or one time volunteer events that those who can't
commit to weekly things can do, etc.)

Before I get into anything, I have a couple of things for *you* to do:

   -  For any of you who* were thinking of dropping the program,* please
   give it a second thought and email me any issues of concerns you may have
   had (about it) in the past.

   - For any of you who wish to be *dropped from the list serve, *please let
   me know, I will do that ASAP
   - For any of you who *have criticism or praises *about Daycare and how it
   was run, feel free to email me
   - For those of you who want to just *introduce *yourself to me, please
   feel free to send me an email. I stress fluid communication between director
   and volunteer, really, I don't ever want any of you guys to feel hesitant to
   send me an email or a phone call about the program.
   - For *returning members/volunteers, *please email me to get updates on
   the *required application forms *from the agencies we volunteer at

As you can see, the beginning of the new semester is always the craziest,
we've got volunteer events still happening as we kind of do the "house
cleaning" so, for those of you who have been regularly volunteering with
events last semester, *please keep doing what you are doing,* because our
main objective is to send volunteers out to the agencies that need us.

Lastly, I want to let you all know that we have Activity Day 2011 coming up,
Tomorrow, Tuesday January 25th ad 11AM-3PM in the Illini Union Rooms!!!
This is a great opportunity for all of you to get involved in other clubs
and organizations. Please, Spread the word about it so we can get more
volunteers for Daycare and VIP!

VIP will be having our follow up Recruitment Nights on Wednesday and
Thursday this week. This is for any one who wishes to come in and get a
brief orientation on the many opportunities VIP has for students. Any of you
volunteers for Daycare are urged to come to get a re-orientation to what
this semester has in store for us, as a program. It would also be a great
time to meet you!

So, that about wraps it up.
I'm so sorry you had to read through all of that, it's just a lot of
informative beginning of the year stuff that we've all gotta endure through
at times. [?]

Looking forward to working with you,
Eunice Yu

--

University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
Volunteer Illini Projects
vip.daycare at gmail.com