[Vip-i-vote] I-Vote happenings

ayost2 at uiuc.edu ayost2 at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 2 15:25:09 CST 2006

Hey all,
No one really showed up to the meeting last night, but that's
fine because I still have a lot to share with people.
First of all, I-Vote has traditionally done a voter guide in
the past which is basically a one page description of each
candidate and their views.  I would like to have voter guides
ready to distribute once we come back next fall, so we're
going to start on them now.  If you're interested in working
on them contact Dustin Schrader at dschrad2 at uiuc.edu and he
can tell you what you need to do.
Secondly, Illinois Student Senate and I-Vote is going to
sponsor what we're calling motor voter.  Due to the fact that
the primary in Champaign County is over spring break (March
18) we are going to be offering rides to the County Clerk's
office on March 13, 14, and 15 from 12-4 so that people can
take part in early voting if they wish.  There will be more
information about this in the future.
Finally, the County Clerk's office is going to be offering
deputy registrar classes on campus in April.  For those of you
who don't know what this means, basically when someone fills
out a registration form and turns it in, or if I-Vote were to
be registering peopl and we turned it in without being deputy
registrars, that person can't vote absentee.  However, if you
take a deputy registrar class the process is a little more
detailed, but anyone you would register would be able to vote
absentee.  The dates are not set yet, but just be thinking
about whether you plan on staying involved with I-Vote and I
will send out the information when I have it.
If you have any other questions just let me know.
-Adam Yost