[Vip-recreation] Welcome Back-VIP Rec events!!

ctrimarc at uiuc.edu ctrimarc at uiuc.edu
Sun Jan 30 15:36:36 CST 2005

Hey Rec Volunteers!

We have a lot of events coming up and I'm really excited
about this new year working with you all!  Last year, we had
over a thousand hours of service, so Congratulations!  This
week, we will be having orientation nights that will
introduce the new events and agencies we are working with.
There is also an opportunity for you ro have a leadership
position within Rec and VIP (the biggest RSO on campus and
largest student-run service organization in IL)!

1. Rec Orientation Nights:
TUESDAY Feb. 1 @ 8pm in 196 Lincoln Hall
or WEDNESDAY Feb. 2 @ 8pm in 209 Union
-Learn about the project, sign-up for events, apply for a
leadership position (boost that Resume, hint hint) & hang out
and EAT!! :)

2. MOM & SON FUN NIGHT w/ Urbana Park District
-FRIDAY Feb. 4
-5:45-7:45 or 7:30-9:30 (or work both shifts if you like:)
-@ Park Inn Hotel and Conference Center -rides provided
-crafts, food, dancing with area moms and sons (similar to
daddy/daughter dance)
-email me at ctrimarc at uiuc.edu

3. YMCA Afterhours EVERY SATURDAY (but you can come when you
want-just email JIM at jkrejci at uiuc.edu to arrange rides and
other info)
-6:15-10pm
-YMCA on Church St. in Champaign-rides provided
-basketball, cards, games, karaoke, swimming, pizza with 6-
8th graders from area schools

4. Urbana Park District YOUTH BASKETBALL PROGRAM
-Brookens Gym, located at 1776 E Washington St in Urbana,
every Saturday from now until Feb 26 - rides possible-reply
to MATT at mgberger at uiuc.edu for more info
-Schedule:
1st grade: 8am
2nd grade: 9am
5/6 grade girls: 10:30am
3/4 grade girls: 11:30am
3/4 grade boys: 12:30pm
5/6 grade boys: 1:30pm
7/8 grade boys & girls: 2:45- 6pm

5. YMCA Valentine''s Bunk-In FRIDAY Feb. 11
-8 pm - 8 am: Volunteers will get to spend the night at the
Church Street YMCA swimming, eating pizza, watching movies,
and playing basketball and board games with children!
Volunteers should bring their pajamas, sleeping bag and
pillow, and a bathing suit (if you'd like to swim). Drivers
are needed for this event. Contact Peter Gayed
(pgayed at uiuc.edu) if interested....and YES, you have to stay
the whole time!

6. Daddy Daughter Date Night w/ Urbana PD (our most popular
event so reply early)
-FRIDAY Feb. 11 5:45-9:30 or two shifts-same as Mom & Son
Night
-Park Inn Hotel - rides provided
-dancing, crafts, food, and FUN! :)
-email me at ctrimarc at uiuc.edu asap to make arrangements for
rides and shifts!

Ok, that's it for the moment, sorry for the overload...
We really need your help with all these events and your
friends are always welcome!  And don't about the LEADERSHIP
opportunities available!

Thanks,
Claire

Volunteer Illini Projects, Inc.