[Vip-recreation] national volunteer week!

kfranke at uiuc.edu kfranke at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 17 15:30:52 CDT 2006

Hey!

National Volunteer Week is April 22-29!  There are tons of
events you can volunteer at...take a look:)

***YMCA Parents Night Out is THIS FRIDAY, April 21 from 6-
9pm.  Come play boardgames, color, swim, and watch a movie
with kids while their parents take the night off.  Email
Willa at weiderma at uiuc.edu if interested!

***Flying for Kids is THIS SATURDAY, April 22 from 12-3pm.
Come help kids make kites and fly them around Meadowbrook
park.  Email Betsy at brodri2 at uiuc.edu if interested!

***YMCA Afterhours is THIS SATURDAY from 7-10pm.  Come play 5
on 5, knockout, and 21 against 6-8th graders.  They love the
competition!  Email Ryan at files at uiuc.edu if interested!

***The Kenwood Bookfair and Kickball for kids is Monday,
April 24 from 5:30-8pm.  You can come help staff the bookfair
or just have fun and play kickball with the kids.  Email me
at kfranke at uiuc.edu if interested!  Please include which
event you want to help out with.

***Kenwood Carnival is Friday, April 28 from 5-9pm.  Come
help staff the carnival games, run concessions, and just have
fun with kids.  Email me at kfranke at uiuc.edu if interested!

Remember that coordinator applications are due April 28 by
noon! Extra copies are on the VIP office door.

Have a great week!  I hope to see you at one of these events!

Kristina:)

Kristina Franke
Recreation Director 2006
Volunteer Illini Projects