[Vip-recreation] Polar Plunge and more!

kfranke at uiuc.edu kfranke at uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 21 15:08:04 CST 2006

HEY!!!

We have some BIG volunteer events coming up in the next two
weeks!!!  Here are the details:

***Afterhours this Saturday from 7-10pm at the Champaign
YMCA.  Come play basketball with 6-8th graders and get FREE
pizza!  More and more kids are coming so we need you out
there to help set up scrimmages and give them some good
competition:)  Email Ryan at files at uiuc.edu if interested!

***COACHES needed for the YMCA youth basketball league.  A
half hour practice followed by a half hour game are held
Saturday mornings from March 4-April 15.  Coaches are mainly
needed for K-4 grade age level.  Email me at
kfranke at uiuc.edu if interested!

***Special Olympics POLAR PLUNGE is taking place Saturday,
March 4 from 9am-2pm.  This is a HUGE event and they will
need all the volunteers we can get!  Volunteers will help
with setup, registration, watch people take the plunge:),
cleanup, and then stay for the after plunge party!  You will
receive a free lunch and t-shirt!!!!  Email me at
kfranke at uiuc.edu if interested!

~~~If you would like to actually participate in the plunge
go to www.soill.org to register!~~~

***Reminder that if you are at ALL interested in
volunteering for the Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club, the
paperwork is due THIS Friday to the VIP office!

That's it for now.  I hope to see you at one of these events!

Kristina:)

Kristina Franke
Recreation Director 2006
Volunteer Illini Projects