[Vip-recreation] (no subject)

Demetrius Wade dwade3 at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 2 18:43:38 CDT 2007

This weeks volunteer opportunities:

Don Moyer Boys & Girls Club Orientations:

Wednesday & Thursday April 4 & 5th there will be orientations for those of
you who are interested in volunteering with the Don Moyer Boys and Girls
club. Wednesday will be in Gregory Hall Room 317 and Thursday it will be in
Gregory Hall Room 100. They both run about an hour from 6-7pm and will
require a background check form be completed.  If you are interested please
contact me Demetrius Wade at dwade3 at uiuc.edu to confirm your attendance.

CUSR Weekly Bowling- April 4

Come out and help Champaign Urbana Special Recreation with bowling at
Western Bowl from 4-5:15pm. The van will leave at 3:30pm from circle drive
so please be there on time. Contact jpipal2 at uiuc.edu to confirm your
attendance.

YMCA Friday Fun Gym

The YMCA will have their bi-monthly Friday fun gym April 6, 2007 from
6:30-8:30pm at the Family Fitness Center YMCA. If you are interested in
helping out for this event please contact Zaid Syed at zsyed4 at uiuc.edu to
confirm your attendance. The van will leave at 6pm from circle drive.

Savoy Recreation Center Presents their Brunch with Bunny

April 7, 2007 9-11am the savoy recreation center will be having their *Brunch
with Bunny * event. Volunteers would help decorate and set up for event,
help serve refreshments, and help with children activities

Orpheum Theater Clean up- April 7th

Teri from the Greater Community AIDS Project (GCAP) needs your help this
Saturday the 7th to help clean up the Orpheum Theatre in order to present
the Artist Against AIDS Show. She's looking for volunteers who are willing
to do the following:

*Cleaning up the debris created by the subcontractors
*Assembling the newly constructed 12 foot wall sections and securing them to

the sloped floor
*Building "sandwich boards" that will be used to advertise the event at a
variety of downtown venues
*Re-cleaning the opera boxes with shop vacs

This would be from 1-4pm, again on the 7th, at the Orpheum Children's
Science Museum (346 N.Neil St, in downtown Champaign). I know a lot of
people are going home for Easter, but if anyone is staying here in Champaign
and wants to help out Teri, contact me at asawica2 at uiuc.edu.

*Champaign Early Childhood Center April Fun * *Day-  April 13th*
**
Volunteers are needed to help students aged 3-5 and their families by
running carnival games-including a moonwalk! It's a ton of fun- especially
to work with the little kids! Volunteers are needed from either 8:45-11:10
or 12:45-3:10, however these times can be broken down into smaller shifts...
any time you can commit would be great! Please contact flamand2 at uiuc.edu to
coordinate shifts and transportation.

Boneyard Creek Community Day on APRIL 21 9AM- 1PM,

What do we do on that beautiful Saturday? Well, we get to do park and
highway clean-ups, storm drain markings, and all sorts of fun stuff! We also
get FREEEE t-shirts and lunch! SWEET! I just need a head count of how many
volunteers I have. So send me an email if you want to participate by this
week.

Champaign Park Districts 9th Annual Ebert Fest- April 25-29th

The Champaign Park District will be having their annual Ebert Fest @ the
historical Virginia theater April 25-29th. This is their largest event and
we will need as many volunteers as we can possibly get. So please come out
and work concessions, ticket booths, crowd control, sell merchandise, and
even be an usher. Roger Ebert will be there criticizing low budget films so
come out and have a great time with the Recreation project. There will be
one mandatory training required; one will be April 15, 2007 in Gregory Hall
@ 2pm. The other will be on April 18, 2007 at the Virginia Theater located
203 W Park Ave @ 6pm you can reach me at dwade3 at uiuc.edu if your
interested.. Lets all try to do this together, and please let me know if
your planning to participate or not, Thanks.

--
Demetrius D. Wade
College of LAS English Pre-Law Major