[Vip-recreation] VIP: Bowling w/ Special Rec!

Jessie Pipal jpipal2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 5 21:31:07 CST 2007

Hey Lovely Volunteers!

Bowling is happenin' this Wednesday, November 7th! I'm picking up at the Union Circle Drive at 3:45pm, and we'll head to Western Bowl to help out the bowlers until 5:15. Let me know if you'll be joining! We love first timers and it's gonna be T-riffic fun!

To fill you all in a little more, this is a recreational bowling class just like you or I would take through a park district except it's through Champaign-Urbana Special Recreation, so the participants are individuals with disabilities. It's a lot of fun and very rewarding, so if you've been through special rec orientation, please join us!!!

A few of you have expressed interest in going through the orientation (which only takes about an hour), so I will set up a date for that and let you know when it will be. If anyone else in interested in volunteering with bowling and other activities through special rec (cooking, track, basketball, etc.) please email me back and let me know!

Hope to hear from many of you!
~Jessie