[Vip-recreation] Volunteer Opportunities

Demetrius Wade dwade3 at uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 24 15:35:09 CDT 2007

1.
We are looking for volunteers to door hang recycling tote bags at apartments
in Urbana (including campus and fraternities/sororities) for the U-CYCLE
program starting Monday, September 24.  A vehicle is necessary.  If you or
your organization is interested in this volunteer opportunity please e-mail
me (crrushforth at city.urbana.il.us)or call my office at 384-2302.  Weekend
work is available.

Thank you and have a great day!

Courtney Rushforth
Recycling Coordinator, U-CYCLE Program
City of Urbana
(217) 384-2302

2.
Come join us for crafts, project work, field trips, and much more! The Green
Stripes 4-H Club is a new and exciting 4-H club in Mahomet. We meet one
Saturday a month from 10a.m.-11a.m. at the Mahomet Community Building (510
E. Main, next to the library). There will be a variety of activities (such
as cooking, photography, crafts, etc.) and we are looking for volunteers to
come and assist the club leaders during our
meetings and occasional field trips. We will meet September 29, Oct 27, Nov
17, & Dec 15. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please
contact Jamie Kleiss at kleissjm at uiuc.edu or 217-333-7672. Come join the
largest youth organization in the world!

3.
THIS Thursday September 27th from 6:45PM-7:45PM- Root Beer Float Night!

Come Join VIP Senior Citizens for their monthly Root Beer Float Night at the
Nursing Home- it's a ton of fun and a very small time commitment! Email me
if you're interested.

4
The Savoy Recreation Center needs a few volunteers for a event on Saturday
Sept. 29 from 1-3pm.  It's for the World Wide Day of Play. We need help
running a few children games. Please contact me if your interested. If you
want to drive on your own the address is Prairie Fields Park:  200 Prairie
Rose Lane Savoy,IL.

Please remember that transportation is provided to all our events and we
meet at circle drive at the union. Thanks

Demetrius D. Wade
University Of Illinois Champaign Urbana
College of LAS English Pre-Law Major
Phi Rho Eta Fraternity, Inc.