[Vip-recreation] Email change, Upcoming events, National Volunteer Week!!

barshak2 at uiuc.edu barshak2 at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 5 21:37:46 CDT 2008

Hey everyone!
First off, the email for VIP Recreation will be changing to vip.recreation at gmail.com in the next few days, so the next time you receive an email from me, it will be on that email.

If there is any more interest in the two events coming up on April 12th, please email me asap as we still have a few spots available for each!  Here is a quick recap of what these events are:

Stewardship Saturday, Saturday April 12, 9-11am (8:30 van pick-up) - Join one of these free back to nature experiences and help remove invasive plants, improve trails, plant native trees and flowers, and assist with general clean-up.  This is a great way to learn more about local natural areas while providing some much needed assistance in their care.  Please dress accordingly.  Tools, gloves, instruction, and refreshments will be provided.

YMCA Healthy Kids Day, Saturday April 12, 3-6pm (times changed slightly) - Help set up, help supervise kids, play games, guide families during 1 mile walk/run.

NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEEK IS APRIL 14-19.  VIP Recreation will be involved in one event during this week.  If you decide to just get involved in one event all semester, this event is the way to go!  Contribute your share in National Volunteer Week...Here is the event info:

Boneyard Creek Community Day, Saturday April 19 9:00am-Noon(ish) - Want to celebrate Earth Day 2008 by getting down and dirty at one of Champaign-Urbana's natural treasures?
Pitch in to help restore the beauty of the Boneyard Creek through Champaign, Urbana and Campustown by volunteering for organized activities to clean up, mark storm drains and naturalize the Boneyard Creek.  Email me if interested!!

Sorry for the semi-long email!  If you have any questions about anything or are interested in any event, shoot me an email!

Thanks,
Steve