[Vip-recreation] New Semester, VIP Recreation!

barshak2 at uiuc.edu barshak2 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 18 14:16:43 CST 2008

Hello VIP Recreation members!  For new members, I want to welcome you into the Recreation Project!  If you guys don’t know who I am, my name is Steve Barshak and I am the new director of VIP Recreation.  I am really excited for being the director this semester and hope to make this a tremendous semester for VIP Rec.  I just have some basic info to give out through this email.

IMPORTANT:  I have a few OPEN COORDINATOR POSITIONS available and am looking to fill them up within the next couple weeks.  This is a GREAT leadership opportunity, so if you are looking for something like that please apply.  As a coordinator, you like most likely work with one of the organizations we calibrate with and run the events with them.  This is not a big time commitment, and looks very good on a resume.  So, if you are a reliable and social person I am looking for you!  The application is attached and all the details about it are on the application.  I also have more applications in the VIP Office in the RSO.  I will put a manila folder on the door of the VIP Office on Monday or Tuesday for turning in applications.  As soon as you apply, we can set up an interview time.

- I will probably start giving information about upcoming events sometime next week.  I still have to meet with a few organizations early next week, so I want to take care of that.

- Orientation Night will be somewhere between Jan 28. to Feb. 4 between 6:00pm and 9:00pm.  Obviously, this is a very wide range of times, but I will email again when I receive my time slot.  Basically, at orientation night you will be able to learn more about VIP Rec. and possibly sign up for organizations you specifically want to work with.

So that’s about it, I will email again next week with more specific info.  I look forward to working with you all this semester!  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me!

Sincerely,
Steve