[Vip-recreation] Upcoming Events!!

barshak2 at uiuc.edu barshak2 at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 26 15:58:26 CDT 2008

Hey everybody, hope everyone had a really good spring break and getting back to classes isn't TOO horrible.  So, we got a bunch of really good events coming in these next few weeks, so check it out!

Saturday, April 5, 3:00-4:45pm - Arena Flag Football Clinic @ Savoy Rec. Center
This clinic focuses on fundamentals, teamwork, and sportsmanship and FUN!  Volunteers would help coaches run drills and games.  You volunteers truly make this successful, because without ya'll none of this is run near as efficiently.  The kids love these clinics so much! A FEW VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Saturday, April 12, 2:00-6:30pm - YMCA Healthy Kids Day @ YMCA Fitness and Family Center
Volunteers will help set up, help supervise kids, play games, and guide families during 1 mile walk/run.  5 TO 10 VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Saturday, April 12, 9-11am - Stewardship Saturday
Join one of these free back to nature experiences and help remove invasive plants, improve trails, plant native trees and flowers, and assist with general clean-up.  This is a great way to learn more about local natural areas while providing some much needed assistance in their care.  Please dress accordingly.  Tools, gloves, instruction, and refreshments will be provided.  ANY VOLUNTEERS WELCOME

Transporation will be provided to all events.  These organizations really want me to try hard to get volunteers out for these events, and that means YOU come out and volunteer!  Even you just giving 2 hours out of your busy school schedule can help make someone's day a little better.  Anyway, shoot me an email if you're interested in any of these events!

Sincerely,
Steve