[Volunteers] OVP Weekly Volunteer Opportunity E-mail (05/6/03)

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Tue May 6 11:58:05 CDT 2003

Good Afternoon!

Table of Contents:

1. Summer Listserve--want to join?
2. Champaign County Nursing Home--Carnival Day
3. Illini Heat Track--2nd Annual Festival
4. Retired and Senior Volunteer Program--giving information
5. Office of Volunteer Programs--AWESOME JOB opportunity!!!

***

1.  Any of you going to be here in the summer and want to know about
volunteer opportunities???  If so we'll be having summer listserve and
would like anyone interested to email Sascha Meinrath at sascha at ucimc.org
to be included on our email list to receive various volunteer
opportunities throughout the summer.

2.  Champaign County Nursing Home is having a Carnival day on May 13th
from 2:00-3:30.  They need volunteers for face painting, clowning, animal
balloons, magic, juggling, music, or your own special carnival talent. For
more information contact Kalah McGraw at (217) 384-3784.

3.  2nd Annual Illini Heat Track Festival sponsored by the Illini Heat
Track Club need volunteers to take results from events to the finish
officials, run the concessions area, be a great snow cone maker or Chef
Tell on a Bar-b-q grill, or just help handing out food.  In addition
Illini Heat need retrievers for the shot, disc & javelin competitions,
rakers for the jump pits, help with resetting crossbars, etc.  If you have
some track experience, we will place you with a head event official.
Finally, very early in the morning (6:00am) and again early evening around
5:00pm, we will need help with setup and teardown of tents and concessions
if you only have a couple of hours, your help here would be tremendous!
Contact Larry Masso at larry-masso at mchsi.com.

4. RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) needs volunteers to help
passengers by answering questions on flight schedules, whether plane is on
time, etc. Answer phone, give directions to community locations.  Contact
Jo Hopkins at (217) 359-6500 for more information.

5.  The Office of Volunteer Programs is looking for a few good students to
work next academic year!  Potential employees need to support student
involvement in community service.  Various tasks include interacting with
students and community organizations, connecting students with volunteer
opportunities, researching community organizations and their volunteer
needs, planning events to promote service, maintaining our websites,
tracking systems, listserv, and other record-keeping, and supporting the
projects of fellow staff members.  Not to mention, you get to work in the
coolest office on campus!!!

If you are bright, motivated individual and possess a commitment to
service, a helpful attitude, and the ability to work independently, then
this job is for you!  Federal Work Study Students are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Sherry DeMoss at 333-3660 or e-mail at demoss1 at uiuc.edu for
more information.

Thirsting for other volunteer opportunities? Check out www.cuvolunteer.org
for 250+ others.

Tell them the Office of Volunteer Programs sent you,

--Sascha & Sara
Office of Volunteer Programs

Phone#:  333-7424
E-mail:  ovp at uiuc.edu
Office:  277 Illini Union (in the RSO complex)
Website: www.union.uiuc.edu/ovp