[BfB(oG)] Sunday 5 p.m. - Be a Billionaire!

Jim Buell jbuell at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 29 16:00:53 CDT 2000

Zach, Arum, Tim and I got together this afternoon to make final plans for
the Billionaires for Bush (or Gore) postering tomorrow. This is in
conjunction with the Million Billionaires March tomorrow in Philadelphia
and similar support actions around the country.

We'll meet tomorrow (Sunday) at 5 p.m. in front of the Alma Mater. The
more, the merrier! The plan is to paper Campustown, then downtown
Champaign, and possibly downtown Urbana as well. We'll probably spend
around 2 hours out and about. This is 'weather permitting,' but if you're
in doubt about the skies please show up anyway.

We've got a couple hundred copies of the posters, and should have enough
masking tape, staplers and yes, top hats and big ol' dollar signs for all.

Let's wear our finest and do all Billionaires proud! After all, we've got
the 1st birthday of House Bill 1790 to celebrate ;-). And if you'd like to
study up on how to be a billionaire, take a look at
http://www.billionairesforbushorgore.com.

Ciao,
Dada Warbux

PS - this is being done as a fun, non-confrontational event; if anyone
hassles us, we'll move on, and we'll be attaching the posters in
easy-to-remove, non-damaging ways and asking permission whenever we can
(e.g. in shop/bar windows, on bulletin boards, etc). That shouldn't stop us
from engaging in a little friendly chanting, though. How about:
* '1,2,3,4. We're Billionaires for Bush or Gore ... And We Don't Care Who
You Vote For! ... We've Already Bought Them.'
* 'Big Money United Shall Never Be Defeated'
* 'This Is What Plutocracy Looks Like'
... and your suggestions!