[Community] Community Connections Update

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 17:26:01 CDT 2009

Chris-
Can you review this, add where appropriate, and send it to the general list? Thanks, -E
Community Connections: -Hosted an amazingly successful Open House, with support from all workgroups, brining over 200 people together in a beautiful IMC-appreciation spirit, with highlights from the IndyMedia Arts Lab. -Planned and are currently implementing our Super Summer Skillshare, which is generating connections between IMC members and workgroups, and between the IMC and the community at large. Each week we've seen people who never visited the IMC before. As part of this flyers promoting the IMC are around town, PSAs are in the air, and there will be a feature in Smile Politely next week. -Worked with Finance on developing fundraising and outreach efforts and creating healthy support networks for this within the IMC (more on this at steering)-Worked with Nicole and others to re-develop the imc-list structure to provide for general announcements, staff accountability, and steering/membership-Assisted in mediating tenant-IMC relations to clear up
 confusion-Assisted in the development of the IMC Member Handbook-Created a list of possible internships for area college students

A strong people need no leader
- Zapata