[Community] steering issues

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 14:17:26 CDT 2009

Hi all,

The steering process has been on our plates for a while and we've made a lot of great process. Thanks to the sign up sheet, we have lot's of hosts in the coming year!

Recent concerns have brought to a head the need to clarify the role of a host, especially calling for items and creating an agenda, clarifying consensus, and facilitating the meeting.

I bet some of this is addressed in the member guide- Nicole, can you send that on so we don't reinvent the wheel?

Once we identify a clear process, I suggest that we:

-send the host guidelines to all workgroups
-make laminated copies of our meeting process to have available at meetings for attendees, as well as a laminated guide for facilitators.
-consider including this info as a mini info blurb at the open house.

Thanks everyone for all your efforts!
elizaBeth

A strong people need no leader
- Zapata