[Community] next meeting?

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 15:40:32 CDT 2009

A strong people need no leader
- Zapata

--- On Tue, 6/16/09, Nicole Pion <nicole.pion at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Nicole Pion <nicole.pion at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: summer skillshare update
To: critz1 at illinois.edu
Cc: "Elizabeth Simpson" <elizacorps at yahoo.com>, "Chera Kowalski" <kowalsk3 at illinois.edu>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 4:28 PM

This Wednesday at 6 works for me.  I know Beths is out of town, but I will be here.
Agenda sounds good to me as well.
Thanks!
Nicole

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Chris Ritzo <chris.ritzo at gmail.com> wrote:

Hey everyone,

This is just an update email so we're on the same page planning for the summer skillshare events and the fall saturday skillshare. We've all had meetings about this over the last few weeks and it's really time to get down to business. I'm hoping this will kick off the nitty gritty planning & putting on these events. Please forward this on to anyone who you've talked to who's interested in helping out/getting involved.

- Steering approved our proposal for rent free Skillshare sessions, once a week on Saturdays this summer, as well as the Aug 29th Saturday Skill Share Extravaganza (*Note: action item: consense on a name :)
- Elizabeth & I met briefly last week and outlined a possible schedule & list of tasks:

-- IMC open house in mid-July: this will include be a 2-4 hour event that will include an IMC staff training, a potluck meal, information tables for each working group, and maybe some music/open mike. This is an opportunity to kick off the membership drive, and the summer skillshare series.

-- Action items: agree on a date, put it on the calendar, talk it up at working group meetings, promote the open house in the community, put together flyers and promotional template packet for the open house. Send an email to main imc list announcing the Open House event. (possible dates for the IMC open house: 7/24,25,26 or 7/31 - 8/1,2)

-- Follow up the open house with Skillshare Saturdays, culminating in the day long skillshare on 8/29. Action items: put skillshare saturdays on calendar (pos. dates: 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22), promote along with open house, visit working group meetings & arrange presenters for skillshares, put together a promo packet template for anyone wanting to put on a skillshare

We also talked about holding regular meetings through the rest of June as working time on this project/updating each other on progress. We were suggesting this Wednesdays at 6pm. Does this time work for everyone?

That's my update- does anyone have anything else to add?

-Chris R.

--
Nicole Pion
Outreach and Development Adviser