[Community] [UCIMC-print] Fwd: Help With Public-I

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 16:47:49 CDT 2010

Hi folks-

Since there seem to be more and more internships, it might make sense for a group to meet and share the 'what worked and what didn't' aspects of having interns. Carly has been a defacto intern coordinator (thanks, Carly!), but it makes sense that this role be located somewhere in the organization so that it doesn't go away with her, should she move to Bermuda or some such thing. I think within community connections makes sense, since we are often who people come through to help out. This would also make possible having a graphic design intern that serves multiple groups, for example.

I'm thinking this gathering could happen in May, after they're gone, in prep for next fall. Thoughts?

Go team!
elizaBeth
p.s. I updated the internships available (and am SO glad- there is someone interested in doinga  community outreach internship!) A copy is printed and located at the entrance to the building, with a 'look, don''t take' notice.

 support Aquatown!
http://tinyurl.com/aquatowndonation

AquaTown: A Future Hydrohistorywill be a new interdisciplinary theatre piece that weaves together lesser known pasts and dreams of possible futures—from the dystopian to the idyllic. To create this piece, the ensemble will research the land- and cityscape of Urbana and its watershed, which extends to the Mississippi River.  Aquatown world premieres in Urbana, Illinois June 10-13, 2010 at the Independent Media Center.
www.changeofstate.org