[Community] Skillshares

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 16:49:48 CDT 2010

HI folks-

it's the same as what's up there now:

Theater of the Oppressed
Based on the work of Augusto Boal, in this workshop we will engage in
participatory theater designed to explore the oppressions of everyday
life. We will use exercises and techniques to brainstorm solutions and
rehearse practical responses. Participants will leave the workshop with
hands-on tactics to use in their lives and a deeper understanding of the complexity of such issues. The topics we address will be based on the
life-experiences of the group, e.g. ablity, race, class, gender,
orientation, and adultism. Those interested are invited to continue
participating in monthly TOP workshops at future skillshares.

 support Aquatown!
http://tinyurl.com/aquatowndonation

AquaTown: A Future Hydrohistorywill be a new interdisciplinary theatre piece that weaves together lesser known pasts and dreams of possible futures—from the dystopian to the idyllic. To create this piece, the ensemble will research the land- and cityscape of Urbana and its watershed, which extends to the Mississippi River.  Aquatown world premieres in Urbana, Illinois June 10-13, 2010 at the Independent Media Center.
www.changeofstate.org