[Community] LINC Community Connections meeting

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 12:08:30 CDT 2010

Hi John-

My number is 487-1041. In the meantime, can you answer the questions I asked about when things end and what looks possible before then, and give me an update on what's happening?

Thanks!
Elizabeth
 support Aquatown!
http://tinyurl.com/aquatowndonation

AquaTown: A Future Hydrohistorywill be a new interdisciplinary theatre piece that weaves together lesser known pasts and dreams of possible futures—from the dystopian to the idyllic. To create this piece, the ensemble will research the land- and cityscape of Urbana and its watershed, which extends to the Mississippi River.  Aquatown world premieres in Urbana, Illinois June 10-13, 2010 at the Independent Media Center.
www.changeofstate.org

Hi John,

Thanks for the update- When is your class done? I'd like to get a grasp of what's actually possible before the end of the semester.

The groups to contact are:
Print
Books to Prisoners
Production
Tech/Web
Community Connections
Bike Project
Shows
Finance
Radical Librarians
WRFU
Makerspace
OddMusic

and also:
Meme (Americorps)
Carol Ammons (Americorps Program Coordinator)

The framing is:
The IMC is a horizontally structured group- there are no set hierarchies among groups or people. We all help each other out. Sometimes, IMC members or workgroups don't know about all that the IMC, both as a whole, as as individual working groups offers. We're creating a resource guide to help everyone see how super we all are, so that we can continue to support each other and recognize the contributions we are all making.

The questions are:
What does your group do/have /offer that is a resource to other workgroups? to IMC members? to the public?
How does your group contribute to the overall health and success of the IMC?
What do other groups do/have /offer that is a resource to your working group?
What does the IMC as a whole do/have /offer that is a resource to your working group?

Let me know what you are up to next! I've contacted Tech about wiki access, but don't wait on that to contact groups. i suggest people try to get in touch and attend meetings this week. Community Connections has moved to mondays 5-7pm at the Iron Post (we're doing a lot of outreach work in the next month!)