[Community] Fall Membership Drive

Austin McCann austinmccann at ucimc.org
Wed Aug 18 11:50:47 CDT 2010

Hi Nicole & everyone,

While I'm currently at Week Three of my position & am therefore in no
position to be determining what I'll have time for once my responsibilities
start ramping up (i.e. I have no clue what is "realistic" in this
environment) - I think a membership drive is a *great idea*, one that I was
discussing with some UCIMC members last week at the Shows mtg.* I'm sure
that CiviCRM is *not *current, and I also have questions about how our
processing of membership forms, given how some people I'm signing up as
Sustaining Funders (as per the spreadsheet I am receiving) are certainly not
donating monthly.

We haven't had any Community Connections mtgs since I've gotten here, and I
don't know if schedules are to blame, or simply the month of August. I
eagerly await our first mtg, when this can be discussed!

Thx,
Austin

*Altho our conversation was focusing on membership benefits, membership
donation reminders, and a few other questions, rather than membership
development.

--
Austin McCann, Development Advisor
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://www.ucimc.org>