[Community] email address & adding it to listserv accept filters

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:10:53 CDT 2010

Hey ya'll,

At our meeting Monday we talked about the need to make announcements
to working group lists that do not get stuck in moderation on those
lists. We've moved forward with that plan & I'm to the point where I
have a question. Need your feedback before proceeding.

We have an email account: CommunityConnections at ucimc.org
This is a real email account that this group can share and use to send email.

The next step is to add that address to the "accept" filter on all
working group lists. Here are my questions:

Are we going to piss people off by adding this address (using tech
superpowers) and then posting to their lists?
There are multiple lists for several working groups - which one(s)
should this announce address get added to? Are we the best people to
answer this question?
Should we ask working groups what lists are most appropriate for their
working groups?
Would other working groups have need for a similar announce address?

-Chris