[Cprb] Meeting suggestion...

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Tue Oct 21 11:34:55 CDT 2003

There are some at the IMC (30 or so by the door and another stack near
AWARE stuff near the bathroom) .. grab those and I'll replace them this
weekend.   There are also some at the Red Herring.

At 10:45 PM 10/20/03 -0500, Walling, Jennifer wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>It's definitely going to have to be 5:00 now.  The campus greens are
going
>to present the CPRB thing to the campus ACLU tomorrow.
>
>Does anyone have more brochures that I could get tomorrow before 7 PM?
 I'm
>totally out.

Dear God.  Ken and John Paul won't be there.  Al, do you have some
more
brochures?  Or would it be possible for you to print some out?

>The back of green street coffee house (all the way back) is nice and
quiet.
>So if everyone could end up there, that would be super cool.  We could
maybe
>make this meeting short and plan another longer one for a week or two
weeks
>from now?

As far as I know, Ariel Clemenzi is going to be at the meeting.  She's
new WEFTie, and she and her co-host are doing a show (unfortunately
from 3
to 6 AM on Saturday 10/25) on police issues.  She's going to talk
to/interview me, I think, and maybe she could talk to some of the rest
of
you as well.  She's also interviewing John Lee Johnson and Harvey
Welch, I
understand, and may want to get involved with our little group.

>I found out tonight that the college libertarians will support this
only if
>there is no cost involved.

Naturally.  They don't want us to "hold a gun to their head".  They'd
rather the police do it.  :-)

John