[Cprb] I want to get involved

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Wed Sep 24 04:36:41 CDT 2003

>To: Ricky Baldwin <baldwinricky at yahoo.com>,
>	cprb at lists.cu.groogroo.com
>From: John Wason <jwason at prairienet.org>
>Subject: Re: [Cprb] I want to get involved
>Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:06:49 -0500

>At 05:07 AM 09/23/03 -0700, Ricky Baldwin wrote:
>
>>Dear friend at the Coalition for Citizen Police Review:
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>I have just seen one of your pamphlets and I'm so glad
>>you're doing this.  I would very much like to get
>>involved.  If you have a mailing list, I'd like to be
>>on it.  Or if you could let me know when you meet, I'd
>>like to try to come.
>>
>>I was involved in a group advocating a police review
>>board in Buffalo, NY, before moving here.  I think the
>>work you are doing is vitally important, and I'd like
>>to support it any way I can.
>>
>>I look forward to hearing from you.
>>
>>Again, thanks, and keep up the good work!
>>
>>Ricky Baldwin
>>801 E. California Ave
>>Urbana 61801
>>217-328-3037
>>baldwinricky at yahoo.com

>Ricky, it's me, bud.  We'd be delighted to have you join us.  This is
>mostly a Prairie Green thing at this point, and we need much broader
>community support.  Anything you can do to help us garner that support will
>be greatly appreciated.
>
>For a couple of years we were meeting regularly at the NAACP, but lately we
>haven't had regular meetings.  We need to get that going again.  Meanwhile,
>sign up for our CPRB mailing list by going to

>I think you've done this before, and know the drill.  :-)
>
>We have created lots of documents in the past two years.  A proposal, a
>model ordinance, petitions for organizations and individuals to sign (AWARE
>signed one, as did the Prairie Greens), and more recently a brochure and a
>sample complaint form.  I've attached the proposal, the model ordinance,
>and a list of pertinent web sites to this e-mail.  I'll be happy to send
>you the rest of the documents if you want them.
>
>At any rate, our challenge now is to take these documents and our brains
>and personalities and contacts, and recruit much broader community support.
> We have a sort of "speakers bureau" - people who are willing to go out and
>address community organizations about the CPRB and the need for it - but
>I'm the only person who has been involved in this coalition since the
>beginning, and the rest of you would have to "bone up" on the issue and the
>available literature and research.
>
>Guess I've talked enough for one e-mail.  Would love to have you involved,
>Ricky.  Welcome.
>
>John (Wason)

>Attachment Converted: "D:\EUDORA30\Attach\Re [Cprb] I want to get involv.rtf"
>
>Attachment Converted: "D:\EUDORA30\Attach\Re [Cprb] I want to get involv.doc"
>
>Attachment Converted: "D:\EUDORA30\Attach\WebSites.doc"

Could anything suck more?  Apparently our groogroo listserv somehow changed
the names of two of the files I sent all of you, in the process of
forwarding them to you.  Perhaps Jeff N-O will be able to explain why that
happened, and hopefully fix it.  While WebSites.doc came through intact for
some reason, the other two filenames should be draft_ord2.doc nd
Propose2.rtf.  You'll be able to tell which is which when you open the files.

Sorry!  :-(

John