[Cprb] letter and some questions

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Fri Sep 26 12:30:05 CDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

So from some questions that John asked I thought that maybe I should explain
the Campus Greens plan for garnering support for this campaign.  Most of it
is from a meeting that Dave Sacks (campus greens president) and I had with
Al and John Paul.

In the next week, we will be e-mailing the letter I sent last e-mail to any
relevant groups on campus to ask them if we can present the info to them.
I'll maybe direct them to the web page so that they can have more
information?  Student Peace Action already put us on the agenda for Wed. of
this week.  We'll also be asking students to spread the complaint forms.  I
think this will be more effective with the fraternities and sororities than
with activist groups, but we'll see.

After we have a whole bunch of co-sponsors, I think it would be super-cool
to have some sort of lecture where anyone that has questions could come and
learn more about CPRB.
I would like the audience to be members of our co-sponsoring groups, members
of groups that weren't sure about co-sponsoring, interested city council
members, and most importantly, members of the community.  I'd like to have
the event somewhere on campus where there is good parking so that community
members would come. It would be a small lecture, probably 20-50 people,
maybe, but I think it would help get support for our campaign.  Especially
if the speaker is particularly engaging.

How does that all sound?  Maybe we'll talk about hosting such a lecture at
the next greens membership meeting??

-Jen