[Cprb] letter and some questions

Gehrmanns at aol.com Gehrmanns at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 13:45:24 CDT 2003

I would like to briefly chime in with my support for all of your efforts--
I was part of the group that formed with John to try to establish a CPRB, and I concur with his excellent history of the most recent efforts to push for a CPRB.  I would only add that there was a recent lawsuit that the city of urbana had to pay out a substantial amount of money on related to police excessive use of force, i believe i forwarded the N-G article about this to you all some time ago.

I was in Cincinnati this summer, doing a legal internship with a lawyer who has been very instrumental in crafting their CPRB setup, and i also attended a conference in st. louis last year which featured samuel walker (the CPRB main man) and others concerned with 'policing the police'...so i do have some resources on the subject...

Unfortunately I am unable to attend your wednesday night meetings as i have an ongoing commitment in bloomington on wed. nights, but i would like to be involved in other ways if that would be helpful...

again, you have my support and applause, and i hope to do what i can to help this come to fruition--

all the best,
Elaine Gehrmann