[Cprb] Proposal to move the meeting

Walling, Jennifer jwalling at law.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 1 12:36:13 CST 2004

Hi all,

I would then like to make the proposal that we move the meeting that is on
March 9 from 7-9 to March 16th from 7-9.  I will reserve a new room and
leave a sign on the door of the room on March 9 in case any stragglers
didn't hear that we changed the meeting.  (just to clarify, we did pass a
hat at the February meeting and I was almost completely reimbursed for that
meeting)

I think that we should instead go as a group and encourage others to go to
the Champaign City Council Meeting on March 9.  I think that we should bring
lots of literature to pass out to people at the meeting who haven't heard
about our group and maybe get petition signatures there.  I will give a call
to the Champaign County Urban League, the group that has been working on
this lately, and let them know what we're up to.

Perhaps someone should speak on behalf of our group at the City Council
meeting?  It should be someone that lives in Champaign.

Please let me know if there are any objections to this proposal.

Thanks
~Jen Walling