[Cprb] next meeting

John Wason jbw29 at joimail.com
Sat Oct 9 22:03:33 CDT 2004

At 02:47 PM 10/09/04 -0700, Ricky Baldwin wrote:

>I reserved the Douglass Center for Thursday Nov. 4
>from 7-9 pm, as we discussed at the meeting.  But it
>costs $40 an hour and there's a $100 deposit
>(refundable).  So we had better pass the hat.
>
>Ricky

Thank you, Ricky.  However...that's outrageously expensive.  I had no idea
what the cost was, or even if there was a cost.  Is it a done deal?  I wish
you had consulted us on the list first, or consulted me or something.  We
used to meet at the NAACP for free, and could possibly arrange to do that
again.  There have to be better options.

Any other thoughts out there in listserv land?  When the meeting was held
on behalf of Martell Miller, did someone have to pay $40/hour?

John