[Cprb] HT This Weekend!

Liberation Education liberationeducation at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 14:06:07 CDT 2004

HOUSE THEATRE THIS WEEKEND!

You and your friends are invited to sit down, have
some refreshments, and enjoy an evening of House
Theater: performances in language, theatre, and
political action.

As a House Theatre, we don't have to pay rent, so we
don't have to solicit commercial or academic
persmission in order to perform. We simply ask
ourselves, "What do we want to compose for our
community, at this time, in this space?"

For this House Theatre, in election season 2004, we
want to present:

"The Most Important Thing is..."

...including 'The Great Hymn of
Thanksgiving' a new composition for
three speaking percussionists by Rick
Burkhardt; 'Rumors' by Michael Holloway
with Jeff Glassman; songs by Karina Lepeley, the
Prince Myshkins and others; performance by Ben Emerick
and Liz Avery, composition by Joe Futrelle, a staging
of 'Kickback' by Mel Cepstral; and politcal satire by
Susan Parenti, Mark Enslin and Beth Simpson on what
these times are good for.

There will be four performances,
Friday, Oct. 15 at 8pm
Saturday, Oct. 16 at 5pm and 9pm
Sunday, Oct. 17 at 7pm

At 122 Franklin St. in Urbana
(Franklin just off Broadway into Crystal Lake Park)

If you plan to attend, you must make a reservation so
that everyone will have a place to sit (remember, this
is a HOUSE Theater, not an auditorium theatre)

Please email
enslin at prairienet.org
or call
(217) 384-0299

Refreshments will be served
Suggested donation is $5-15, sliding scale
We can help find accomodations for out-of-town
visitors.

=====
"The offer of History
            is to unravel the web
                         which birthed your bondage.

The offer of History is to create it."

Check out our website to learn more about us, or to invite us to lead a workshop:
www.liberationeducation.org