[CPRB] CPRB questions from Brandon Bowersox for discussion

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 10:15:15 CST 2005

Brandon's questions are good ones, of course.

I do think the CPRB would need to be a separate body,
tho- because the Human Rights Commission is
overwhelmed with other cases, yes, but also because
the CPRB will need to develop a relationship with the
police in particular, receive some training that is
specific to its role, etc.

On the appointments, we may not be able to have it as
we want, but I suspect that will all be hashed out by
the Council, City Attorney, etc.  It's worth thinking
about now, but it doesn't invalidate the question.

My two cents-
Ricky