[CPRB] questionnaire

John Wason jbw29 at joimail.com
Fri Jan 7 08:35:12 CST 2005

At 10:17 PM 01/06/05 -0600, jwalling at uiuc.edu wrote:

>So, before I write a whole new questionnaire, does anyone
>have a copy of the questionnaire that has been used for city
>council races before?
>
>I've heard rumors of its existence, but I have never seen it,
>so anyone, please let me know if you have it!

I assume you're referring to the questions that the Prairie Greens asked
city council candidates to answer prior to the 2001 election?  I don't have
the actual questionnaire that was mailed out, but I do have a list of the
questions and a compilation of the answers we received.  They appear in the
first of only two newsletters the Prairie Greens have been able to put out,
in March 2001.

There was only one question (out of 5 for Urbana candidates and 7 for
Champaign candidates) pertaining specifically to citizen police review
boards.  To wit: "Do you support implementing a citizen police review board
for city police?"

Reading this newsletter now, it's hard for me to believe that we actually
ENDORSED Milton Otto (along with Danielle Chynoweth) for Urbana City Council.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

John