[CPRB] Some questions for you all...

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 15:23:20 CST 2005

Dear friends of democracy and justice-

I just spoke with Rev. Bogan, who confirms that he can
speak on why we need a CPRB for a few minutes at our
event Feb 8.

Frankly, I think we will have plenty of "speakers" and
need more folks who will speak up from the audience.
We only want a 1-1/2 hour event.  If we ask all three
mayoral candidates to come, they might eat up all the
time.  We'd have to be persnickety about the time.  I
could see it if we want to try to get them on record,
but if they oppose it they are likely to be slippery.
Press would cover it, though.

It depends on our emphasis - community demand or
pinning down politicians (who are in any case largely
unpinnable).  I think I'd vote for the former, and
just invite the mayoral candidates to come along with
other candidates.  They're free to jump up and speak
from the floor if they like, of course.

One more thing --- Rev. Bogan also invited one of us
to come to his radio show at WEFT at 7 AM on Sat Feb 5
to speak on what we are doing and announce our
upcoming event!  This is a great opportunity.  Who do
we want to do this?

Ricky