[CPRB] meeting tonight, Announcement

jwalling at uiuc.edu jwalling at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 20 13:40:38 CST 2005

Hey folks,

First, let's meet at about 6:40 outside the County Board
chambers at the Brookens Center tonight to update ourselves.
The CU Citizens for Peace and Justice group will be talking
about the Jail Phone Contract situation at the meeting, so we
should all go to that!  The next meeting will be on Jan. 27
at 6:30 PM in the Douglass Branch Library at 504 E. Grove.

Second, I'm going to start posting announcements today....
Here's what I'm looking to post

Forum on Community Police Relations
When: February 8 at 8PM
Where: Urbana City Council Chambers, 400 S. Vine, Urbana

Be part of a live discussion on the Community/Police
Relations in the city of Urbana.  Speakers will discuss the
current strengths and weaknesses of the relationship between
police and the community in Urbana, suggest alternatives, and
encourage citizens to get involved.  The Coalition for
Citizen Police Review will share the results of a survey of
city council candidates on their view on Citizen Police
Review Boards.

Speakers include
- Mark Krug, Director of Court Diversion Service
- Aaron Ammons, C-U Citizens for Peace and Justice
- Rev. Zernial Bogan, (From Where??)
- Ricky Baldwn, Volunteer for the Coalition for Citizen
Police Review.

Anyone is welcome to attend.  The audience will be encourage
to share their stories and comments.  The forum will be taped
and played at a later date on UPTV.