[CPRB] Fwd: RE: [cu_citizens] Patrick Thompson is beingrailroaded!!!!

Esther Patt epatt at uiuc.edu
Tue Jul 19 08:49:06 CDT 2005

While the selection of an all white jury is an injustice, let's not make Mr. Thompson a hero without first remembering that a woman was raped.   She didn't just pick him out of a line-up.   They were neighbors in the same apartment complex.   Just because you know Patrick or know of him from a different matter does not mean that he's not a rapist and the woman is a liar.   Consider the possibility that he might be guilty and she is the victim.   Few injustices in our society are greater than victims of rape being treated like they are the criminals.  That is the basis of Mr. Thompson's defense -- to blame the victim and say he couldn't possibly have raped her since she filed a sexual harassment complaint at work 3 years ago.   Sadly, that's business as usual with rape cases.
Esther Patt