[CPRB] revised Urbana ordinance

Esther Patt epatt at uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 23 09:39:38 CDT 2007

It's an important victory that subpoena power is back in the draft.

The authority to hire an independent investigator was lost when the council approved the FOP contract.  So, any complainant who wants additional witnesses found, will have to do that on his/her own.  But, I agree that council members did a good job of putting back into the ordinance as much as they could.

I don't think it's worth fussing about the conviction and plea issue.  There will be only 7 members on the board.  Event though I object in priciple to the restriction, there are still plenty of good people to choose from even after excluding from consideration every person who has ever been charged with a felony.
Esther Patt