[CPRB] press conference

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:43:32 CDT 2007

I concur with Esther.

While we may not like all of the current manifestation of the CRB
ordinance, we have an opportunity to change that in the future when
the Council reviews the efforts of the CRB and the FOP contract comes
up for renewal/negotiations with the city.

The efforts of the CRB have been highly commendable but there were
also substantial efforts by the Council, Mayor and the police to
assist in coming up with this current ordinance which we're pretty
happy with.  I am not entirely comfortable with having a press
conference to take the limelight from the Mayor and the Council.  I
think our time could be better spent telling people about their new
rights in regards to complaining about the police + strategizing
about how to seize the opportunities later on to make our
'improvements' to the current CRB when it comes up for review.  Just
a thought.d

Don't mourn. Organize,
                     x Neil x

You can't really be strong until you see a funny side to things.
[ken kesey, 1935-2001]

Keep your blood clean, your body lean and your mind sharp.
[henry rollins, 1961-]

I read somewhere that when a person takes part in community action,
his health improves.  Something happens to him or to her
biologically. It's like a tonic.
[studs terkel, 1912-]

Even though you can't expect to defeat the absurdity of the world,
you must make that attempt.  That's morality, that's religion.
That's art.  That's life.
[phil ochs, 1940-1976]