[CUWiN-Dev] IPv6 -- TAKE II: NEED ANSWER BY TUESDAY NOON...

Quantum Scientific Info at Quantum-Sci.com
Tue Apr 26 07:58:45 CDT 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 18:34, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> I'm certain that there are more
> ideal solutions than a /32 (and am interested in hearing what they'd be);
> but I'm also unclear if folks are saying that this is something we
> _shouldn't_ move forward on, or whether it's more of a "we should do this,
> but we're not done yet" sort of analysis.

Taken in isolation, I believe having a unique block is good.  But in practice
address assignment must be done in cooperation with the local ISP, so they
can route to/from.  Any ISP that does V6 will already have a /48 to allocate,
but it may be possible for some to add a CUW block to their routing tables;
however other ISPs may charge for this, or not help at all.

{I always try to give a solution, in -addition- to pointing out the problem}

Best,

Carl Cook